- Expert knowledge of Actionscript 3.0
- Experience building Adobe Flex and Air applications, using XML for storage.
FlashDevelop, Eclipse IDE, Netbeans IDE, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Autodesk 3d Studio Max, XAMPP, GIMP, Blender, OpenOffice, Microsoft Office.
Software Developer, US Airways Group Inc.
August 2009 to Present, Tempe AZ
- Created interactive online training courses using actionscript and the flash IDE that were used by thousands of employees throughout the company.
- Developed reusable, custom games and interactions to add interactivity to the courses.
- Created custom applications using Adobe Flex to handle repetitive tasks, generate system overview PDF reports from Oracle CSV data, and provide an alternate way to create courses.
Software Developer, Self Employed.
February 2009 to Present
- Researched and designed graphical game engines in DirectX and OpenGL using C++.
- Created several games and game editors, in both Actionscript 3.0 and C++, including an asteroids clone, isometric role playing game, a Box2d physics based side scrolling game, and a real time strategy game.
Software Developer, Turbulin Corp.
November 2008 to February 2009, Mesa, AZ
- Designed and developed websites for clients, and created new content and forms on the company website.
QA Engineer, AdCamo Media, Inc.
July 2008 to October 2008, Scottsdale, AZ
- Developed validation programs using Java and Selenium QA to create a formal process for validating website functionality as new features were added to the website interface.
- Created scripts and a testing framework in PHP using curl to validate the functionality of the website API.
- Worked in a team using Agile and SCRUM principles to deliver bi-weekly projects.
Engineering Consultant, OrthoLogic Corp.
September 2005 to March 2008, Tempe, AZ
- Performed fluid flow experiments, which included culturing bone cells, dyeing cells, sending flow over cells using a linear motor, and gathering data with a pressure transducer, fluorescent microscope and camera system.
- Analysed data from fluid flow experiments using programming in MatLab and scripting in excel to find cell fluorescent intensity and frequency of response.
- Flex based report generator. Created Adobe Flex / Air application to read in weekly generated Oracle reports in CSV format using an xml config file to define how the information will be presented, or any overrides or exceptions, and print out course completion summaries into region sorted pdfs.
- Flex Based online course creation application. Designed and Developed Flex / Air application specifically for creating online courses. The program was set-up to read and store course information in xml files, including questions and type of question, images and image source location, pages, interactions, and custom code. Also designed to additionally read and save to Adobe xml format.
- AJAX based online grocery and task manager. Created AJAX based online expandable application for custom tracking and management of groceries, tasks, and the extensibility to add more management systems in the future. Used JQuery to create the user interface and interact with PHP and MySQL to store user information. Added ability for multiple users to share lists and tasks, and used graphs to overviews of information.
- Actionscript box2d physics based game. Created box2d based physics side scrolling game for ‘Intel Level Up 2010’ competition. The game allowed the user to control the character using the keyboard, and mouse to interact with objects in the world to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. Project won honorable mention.
- Actionscript isometric RPG game. Developed 2d isometric ‘Diablo II’ RPG clone using Actionscript 3.0. Used A* path-finding algorithm to navigate isometric tiles. Created character models and animation in Autodesk 3d studio max and Adobe Photoshop, and stored character and animation information in XML. Created quest system, fighting system, item handling system, entity handling system, which allowed for simplified handling of creating, updating and deleting game items. Created map editor to create maps for game, including building and enemy placement. Created quest editor to assign quests to NPC’s, and create storyline hierarchies.
Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Bioengineering
August 2003 – December 2007, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
August 2001 – May 2003, Mesa Community College, Mesa, AZ